Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mein Gott, the Noise!

It's been a hellishly long time since I've played guitar and hollered in public, but I'm gonna up and do it. Yep. The Garage, 110 W. 7th St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101 (N 36° 06.166 W 080° 14.735), tomorrow evening (6/3) at 8:00 PM. If you're in the area, please come round. If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't cost anything but whatever you want to drink. I'll be doing an original or two as well as a cover of a song by The Decemberists, with the lovely and talented Ms. Kimberly Murphy accompanying. Don't be late; my set only lasts about 20 minutes (I'm the lucky soul leading off the evening).

If blame must be cast, please blame my brother, Phred, for providing the inspiration for this. Otherwise, just come and have a good time. It's a win-win situation, you know. If I sound good, you get to go home saying, "Damn, Mark sounded good." If I suck, you get to go home laughing your ass off.

3 comments:

David Niall Wilson said...

Marky...you MUST get video or audio of this...we wish to enjoy.

D

Beth Walton said...

I'm sure you'll be GREAT!

Stephen Mark Rainey said...

I'm going to see if Peg can get a decent video with her camera. :)