Friday, November 18, 2011

The Fugazi Fireball

Oh, lord, yeah...I've made me a Fugazy Fireball. Technically, times two.... This was the specialty of the house at The Holiday Cocktail Lounge, where young Shogunmouse, Mr. Andy Callander, and I myself planted our corporeal envelopes last Sunday night while I was visiting NYC. Enamored and intrigued, I decided to give this little concoction a shot on my own. While I haven't quite reproduced the original...yet...I've managed a reasonable facsimile thereof, and it's one loud, rocking drink, easily as fiery as my original Damned Rodan's Dirty Firetini, and as thirst-quenching as one of Don Juan's (my favorite Mexican restaurant) margaritas. I altered the recipe in that, on top of the spicy Tabasco tequila, I added a habanero pepper. For God's sake, if you attempt this, do not light up a cigarette, your gas oven, or anything else with combustible properties; you may take out your entire town. The Fugazi Fireball, like Damned Rodan's Dirty Firetini, is simple as all get-out. I don't know if The Holiday Cocktail Lounge does it like this, but here's what I did. And it worked.

The Fugazi Fireball
(The original, to the best of my knowledge, is unique to The Holiday Cocktail Lounge.)

What You Need:
3 measures gold tequila (the spicy Tabasco variety is optional)
1 measure Pama (pomegranate liqueur)
1/2 habanero pepper Lemon juice Salt

What You Do:
Pour your tequila and Pama into shaker; add your habanero half and a generous splash of lemon juice. Throw in a pinch of salt. Shake like a motherfucker. Pour all contents into glass. Savor and explode. Hat's off to The Holiday Cocktail Lounge for a dynamite original.

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

If I drank hard liquor I would definitely try this one!