Monday, September 20, 2010

We All Scream!



Very nice geocaching event in High Point last night, at Bruster's Ice Cream, starring most of the local caching crowd. Headed over early and snagged a bunch of caches around High Point, went to dinner at the very nice Thai Herb restaurant with my friend Kim, and then...ice cream! Huge, monstrous masses of the stuff. Cookie dough with peanut-butter/chocolate chips! In waffle cones! Evil, I tell you. In the best possible way, of course.

At one of the caches I went after, I discovered an Imperial moth larva, which is not at all a small thing. Mind you, I did not give the caterpillar any ice cream, since it's probably not so good for the critter's health. (Click on the image for a larger view of the gentle beastie.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HONEY CATERPILLAR!!

Stephen Mark Rainey said...

It is, isn't it! ;)

honeychile said...

This made me think of an old book by Gene Stratton Porter, Girl of the Limberlost, where moths and butterflies are part of the story. Gotta dig that one out!