Friday, October 28, 2022

The Colours Out of Space


The fall colors are pretty much at their peak this weekend, and it's a shame that we haven't been able to work a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway into our schedule this year. Traditionally, Ms. B. and I visit Mabry Mill for breakfast, take a hike somewhere nearby (Buffalo Mountain and Rock Castle Creek Gorge have been prime destinations), and find wine at Villa Appalaccia and/or Chateau Morrisette. Just couldn't manage it this year, although we may yet manage a wine outing on one of these upcoming weekends.

I did come up to Martinsville this morning to keep Cannoli company for a couple of days, as Allison is away for the weekend. On the way, I stopped at Summerfield Community Park to hunt a new Adventure Lab cache, which put me on a nice nature trail through the woods. Indeed the foliage was beautiful. Once I got to Martinsville, I took a nice long walk around Lake Lanier, near my house. I enjoyed the walk on the trail immensely, particularly since I didn't fall into the lake (not that I ever have actually fallen into the lake; where might you have gotten that idea?). Anyway, while I was out there and not falling into anything I ought not, I took a passel of photos of the scenery. I'm posting a bunch of them here for posterity's sake, or something such. There aren't any geocaches around Lake Lanier currently, although I keep threatening to remedy that situation. Eventually....

Arrivederci, America.

Nope... absolutely no work getting done here.

No comments: