Thursday, December 14, 2023

Fun and Games with Tooth Extractions

More help from Frazier
The tooth extraction adventure continues (see "A Visit from the Tooth Frazier," Thursday, December 7, 2023). Apparently, the root was so close to my sinus that an inadvertent sneeze the other day blew out the membrane between the empty socket and the sinus cavity. This hurt like shit, as you can imagine, so I returned to the periodontist, and they stitched my tooth socket back together and warned me not to sneeze or blow my nose or anything. Still, despite being on an antibiotic, the sinus cavity has gotten infected. Currently, I've a bit of a fever, and if I'm so minded (in the words of friend Terry), I can blow my nose through my tooth socket. I'm not gonna, though, and you can't make me.

Anyway, I went back to the periodontist today. While things are uncomfortable, everything seems to be healing well. So, I'm to finish the antibiotic and take NyQuil and such for the feeling like shit.

So be it.

No comments: