Thursday, September 19, 2024

The Lebo Coven Is in the House


Indeed, the brand-new paperback edition of The Lebo Coven has arrived. Author copies from Crossroad Press are well on their way, but whenever I have a new book come out, I always order my first copy as soon as it's available.

This release is a little different because I produced the back cover and interior pages myself. With my long experience working as a graphics guy in the educational publishing field, it seems only fitting, now that I'm retired, that I shift my graphics capabilities to something more personally meaningful. I also did the production work on The Gods of Moab paperback, which is my first fully self-published title (though rest assured that self-publishing is not a thing I intend to do habitually), and I'll be creating the cover designs and interior pages of my upcoming novel from Crossroad Press, The House at Black Tooth Pond, scheduled for release early next year.

The long and short of this is that there will be no passing of the buck if these books turn out ugly! But I don't think The Lebo Coven came out ugly at all. The front cover is the same one that Crossroad Press produced for the book's original release in 2010, and I've always quite liked it. For the interior, I fancied up the text and graphics on each initial chapter page, similar to Fugue Devil: Resurgence and Deathrealm: Spirits.

My author copies of The Lebo Coven should be here in a matter of days, at which time I'll offer autographed copies for sale on my webpage. C'mon, it'll be fun!

“Stephen Mark Rainey gives his horrors an original cosmic twist...with a well-executed climax.”

No comments: