Friday, August 7, 2026

Droolie at Fifteen


Today, Droolie turns 15 years old, at least by his veterinarian's calculations. He showed up at the Greensboro house in late 2012, and at first, I thought he might be the same cat that had mysteriouly appeared (and then disappeared, equally mysteriously) at least a year or two earlier, whom I called Scrapple (see "Scrapple II?" December 8, 2012). For all I know, he may actually be that cat, but I decided to name him "Droolie" when it became clear that he drools when he's happy. Since he's been that way since day one and he's usually happy, well, it was the perfect name.
 
And here he is, all these years later, generally doing very well, although he keeps getting these recurring sinus bugs, and I have to give him medicine that he really does not like (well, it's actually people medicine, and I can attest that it tastes awful).
 
Some might remember that, in his younger days, Droolie made a vocation of redecorating my place, and so, he became the proud proprietor of Designs by Droolie™. He still indulges in some creative interior design and decorating now and again, although he mostly spends his days in semi-retirement, usually seeking and chasing treats keep himself active.

He and I both hope he'll remain in good health for the foreseeable future. He's looking forward to his 16th birthday so that he can finally get his driver's license.
treats dad need treats now TREATS!