Friday, May 23, 2008

There's Nothing Obsessive-Compulsive About It At All

It’s good to have wacky neighbors. Last night about 10:00 PM, my friend Paul calls up and asks if I want to go geocaching. I say yeah, so we head out to Lake Townsend Trail, which is pretty close by, and we embark on a late-night three-mile hike.

Yeah, it was dark out yonder. Several times we had to bushwhack several hundred feet off the trail to find the caches, so I marked the trail with the GPS before setting out. Good thing I did, or we’d be out there still.

Some potentially exciting news on the writing front. Can’t discuss it just now, but it’s a super project for me if all pans out. That makes a couple of biggies out there waiting in the wings; hopefully, one or the other (or both) will break before I grow really, really old. We shall see.

Addendum: Just got a note from Dark Regions Press that the trade paperback edition of my new collection, Other Gods, is now shipping. The hardback editions will be out in another month or so (they’re printed and bound at a different facility). A smiley for me!

1 comment:

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Okay...okay...I'm going to go buy Other Gods. Hey..I enjoyed one of your recommendations: "Homeplace" by Beth Massie.