I bake my chicken wings in the oven on a cooking grate, which is elevated an inch or so above the bottom of my baking tray, so the wings will cook evenly all the way around.
What You Need:
8–10 chicken wing drummettes
2 oz. tequila
juice from 2 limes
tsp ghost pepper sauce (I used Melinda's)
tbsp margarita salt
tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp hot chili powder
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Pour the tequila, lime juice, and ghost pepper sauce into a bowl and stir vigorously for a minute or so.
- Pour margarita salt, Old Bay, and black pepper into another bowl
- One at a time, dunk each chicken drummie in the tequila/lime juice/ghost pepper sauce to coat thorougly
- Roll each soaked drummie in the salt, Old Bay, black pepper, and chili powder
- Distribute drummies evenly on the cooking grate. Cook at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, then crank up the heat to 450 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 4–5 minutes before serving.
I made a super-spicy Bloody Mary to accompany the wings, so I did get some bonus heat points.
Warning: As with any Damned Rodan recipe, Spontaneous Human Combustion may result from even careful and conscientious consumption. Do not smoke cigarettes or consume this product near any open flame, inflammable materials, children, most animals (including hedgehogs, pygmy goats, and llamas), and overly sensitive individuals.