Friday, May 4, 2012

The Gods of Moab...Preview


This is very close to happening. I'm going to be hollering about it. A lot. So better get used to it.

This is my new novella, The Gods of Moab, about to be released for the Kindle on Amazon.com. I'm publishing this on my own, just to see how it goes — nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that jazz. It'll be priced at $2.99 on Amazon.com. No question, I've been reluctant to go this route, but clearly, many an established writer is making a good go of it. I figure... what the heck... I'll dive on in and see how well it works for me.

Here's a little teaser to wet your whistle:

"A pleasant New Year's Eve outing becomes an experience in otherworldly horror when two close-knit couples discover a shocking secret in the darkest corners of the Appalachian mountains. At an opulent mountain inn, Warren Burr, his fiancee, Anne, and their friends, Roger and Kristin Leverman, encounter a religious zealot named John Hanger, who makes it his business to bear witness to them of his peculiar...and disturbing...faith. His efforts rebuffed, Hanger insidiously assumes control of the couples' technological devices, leading them into unexpected, surreal landscapes...landscapes inhabited by nightmarish beings that defy explanation and rationality. To return to the world they thought they knew, Warren and his friends must not only escape the deadly entities that pursue them but somehow stop John Hanger's nightmare-plague from spreading to the outside world."

I hope you'll find this just the tale to blow your eyeballs right out of your head. I mean, that is just what you need, right? Anyhoo, stay tuned. Soon as the novella goes live, I'll be making a racket about it, guaranteed.

Addendum: As of May 5, The Gods of Moab is available for the Kindle, for only $2.99. Check it out here.

No comments: