Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Binding Time's Spring 2013 Book Festival


A couple of months ago, I did a book signing at Binding Time Café in Martinsville, which proved quite enjoyable (see "Binding Time Book Signing," Friday, March 8). A fair number of folks came by so that I might devalue their books with my signature, and the cafe food was superb. After the signing, roving reporter Ben Williams, accompanied by photographer Mike Wray, conducted an in-depth interview with me, and the resulting article was just featured in the Sunday, April 27 edition of The Martinsville Bulletin. Unfortunately, it's not included in the online version, but I was quite impressed by Mr. Williams' presentation. It was factually correct, and I was even quoted properly — a rarity indeed.

Saturday, May 4, Binding Time is hosting the 2013 Spring Book Festival, at the Druid Hills Shopping Center, 1115 Spruce Street, Martinsville, VA 24112, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. I'll be among the many local authors participating, so if you're anywhere near the area, please come by. I'll devalue your stuff, too. You see if I don't. I will have copies on hand of The Monarchs, Blue Devil Island, Other Gods, and The Gaki. Join us.

Authors attending include Kristen-Paige Madonia, Dr. Mary Helen Hensley, Louise Lester, Avis Turner, James Wayland, Laura Wharton, Angela Harris, Donna Smith, Karen Hall, Oma Boyd, Stacy and Robert Moody, Carol Nolen, Betsy Ashton, Mary Dalton, Arnetta Hairston, Becky Mushko, Sally Roseveare, Franz X. Beisser, and Guy Andrews.

No comments: