Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Blowout


The closest I came to the Super Bowl yesterday was hearing the pre-game show running in the background while I sat at the bar at Fitzgerald's Irish Pub in Chapel Hill during a brief break from a day (and night) of fairly intense geocaching. I can tell caching is keeping me young because I put in enough miles on foot to be an achy old dude today. As far as the game goes, I'm led to understand that a flock of birds trounced a herd of horses, and I don't know what-all, but as for me, I was all caught up in a highly educational experience. I learned that when you order a Bloody Mary (which, on Sundays, are $3.00 at Fitzgerald's) and the bartender asks if you'd like it with bacon, you say, "YES!" Or even "HELL YES!" if the mood overtakes you. For me, it did.

No comments: