Sunday, October 14, 2012

Let the Holiday Season Commence


It is now officially acceptable for the Halloween season to commence, for I have watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Brugger came round last night, and, after some killer Asian food at Simply Thai in Elon, we popped in the Charlie Brown DVD, just to make sure the season didn't get ahead of us — which, around these parts, is expressly verboten. Actually, we got things off to a mighty good start on Friday night, when I put in my appearance at The Woods of Terror on Church Street, which always makes for an entertaining, energy-charged evening. Today, Ms. Bridget "Suntigres" Langley and I embarked on a decent geocaching run around Thomasville and High Point, which resulted in making the acquaintance of thirty-some caches and a very friendly northern black widow, pictured at left. Lunch happened at Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant in High Point, where I decided to attempt a very scientific comparison of the chile relleno and the chile poblano. I have very scientifically determined that both recipes fucking rock when accompanied by a decent margarita on the rocks and hit with a big old splash of super-dyna-whoppin' habanero sauce.

As an additional bit of fun, my horror short story, "Asylum," has been accepted for a future issue of the excellent Lore magazine, edited by Rod Heather. Pleased, I am.
The spread at The Woods of Terror on Church Street, 10-12-12
Ol' Rodan at the Big Honking Chair in Thomasville, NC, 10-14-12

No comments: